Abortion Care Nurse
MFP is currently seeking a one day a week Abortion Care Nurse to join our Augusta team. The Abortion Care Nurse will counsel clients, perform labs, assist physicians with procedures, and deliver post-procedure care, all in accordance with written and approved protocols and OSHA regulations.
- Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Maine
- Willingness to perform nursing duties associated with aspiration and/or medication abortions
- Experience in an ambulatory care setting
- Strong communication (written and verbal), customer service, and collaboration skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Interest in reproductive healthcare
- Ability to remain open and non-judgmental towards colleagues and patients
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of MFP’s mission and as required to ensure delivery of consistent high quality services.
Maine Family planning is seeking a part-time Medical Assistant to work at our Bangor, Ellsworth and Belfast clinics. This position is 3 days a week in both family planning and primary care.
Position Summary: The Medical Assistant, as part of the health care team, will assist family planning providers in the delivery of administrative and clinical duties including, but not limited to, scheduling appointments, rooming patients, vitals, and documentation in the EMR per clinic protocol, processing refill requests, assisting with in-office examinations and procedures, phlebotomy, injections, and administering medications as directed by medical provider. Candidate must be able to work in a team environment. Excellent customer service skills and professional demeanor at all times.
- Certification from an accredited Medical Assistant training program preferred
- BA/BS preferred or equivalent work experience
- Three to five years of experience working in a Medical Assisting capacity preferred.
- Knowledge of OSHA, HIPAA and CLIA guidelines
- Experience working with electronic medical records preferred
Benefits for each position vary but may include: health insurance, dental, life insurance, short and long term insurance & 403 (b) pension. Vacation, sick and holiday pay.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Alissa Boynton, Human Resources Manager
Maine Family Planning
P.O. Box 587
Augusta, ME 04332
Maine Family Planning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.