Open Door Transgender Health Care
...because it's time.
Maine Family Planning staff provides compassionate, confidential health services, regardless of your gender identity or expression. Whatever decisions you make about your health, we listen and provide support without judgment.
Transgender Health Services at Maine Family Planning include:
- Hormonal transition therapy & monitoring for trans people 18 years old & over
- Onsite self-injection lessons & supplies for hormone injections
- Referrals to specialty providers & community resources, including mental, behavioral, & medical providers
- Annual exams, preventive care, birth control & safer sex supplies, and STD testing & treatment for patients of any gender
- Patient-friendly hours
- MaineCare and private insurance are accepted for covered services. VISA, MasterCard, debit cards, and personal checks are accepted for those paying out of pocket
- We will work with you and (if applicable) your insurance carrier to help make services and supplies as affordable as possible
At the current time, we offer hormonal transition therapy in our Lewiston and Waterville health centers. Call us at 795-4007 (Lewiston) or 509-3267 (Waterville) for more information or to schedule an appointment.